An easy recipe for blueberry hand pies… (Plus awesome DIY flower crowns!)
We had an artful day today, filled with garden happiness, DIY flower crowns, and yummy, kid-made blueberry hand pies.
First, the girls made flower crowns with brown paper and sticky duct tape, an idea from the lovelyMaya*Made.
And then the girls wore their flower crowns and ate the blueberry hand pies. Yum!
Just about a perfect day all around.
And then there was some weaving withthe garden loom that Harry made in the backyard. They added fabric scraps, ribbons, and flowers.Print
Delicious blueberry hand pies made with fresh or frozen blueberries and a simple pie crust.
- pie crust
- 1 1/2 cupsblueberries
- 1/4 cupsugar
- 2 Tbspcornstarch
- 1 tsplemon zest
- 2 tsplemon juice
- 1/2 tspvanilla
- pinch nutmeg
- Mix the filling ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Roll out fist-sized balls of pie crust.
- Add a couple large spoonfulls of filling to half of each dough circle.
- Fold the crust over the filling and pinch the edges closed with your fingers (or use a fork to press the edges together).
- Use a butter knife to poke a few ventilation holes in the top of the hand pie.
- Brush with egg wash or milk and sprinkle with a spoonfull of sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.